Thursday, June 11, 2015

R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee

I awoke this morning to find my news feed and social media alerting me that Sir Christopher Lee had passed away on Sunday. The man was an icon and, given his myriad accomplishements in life, I considered him the real "Most Interesting Man in the World." Although Sir Christopher portrayed many roles, I loved him dearly as Saruman.

"I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain"

To honor his life and memory, I broke out the paints and worked up the Saruman mini I had waiting in my box of unpainted pieces. It came out rather well given the short turn-around time. While the photo displays some of the flaws with my brushwork, in person it meets the wargamer's criteria of "it just has to look good at arm's length.

No comments:

Post a Comment