Being a list of rumors overheard and observations made of Middle-earth, organized by game session.
Game #1 (1.27.18)
- The company noticed signs of a large wolf pack moving west from the eaves of Mirkwood during their journey to the Old Ford.
- Thorn Hall has been reclaimed by the Woodsmen under the leadership of Eberulf, the Amber Hand. He is subsidizing those Woodsmen willing to relocate to the restore village with payments of amber he won in the east.
- A caravan of dwarfs coming east through the High Pass encountered goblins on the Low Road through the pass. This comes after a long period of orc inactivity in the Misty Mountains in the years following the Battle of the Five Armies. Whether this is sign of growing numbers of orcs in the mountains once more or a rare break in the peace is unknown. If orcs are thriving anew in the Misty Mountains, the Low Road may once again become impassable by caravans and travelers.
- Curious menhirs and dolmen were sighted in the foothills of the Misty Mountains along the path from the High Pass to the Ford of Bruinen. These ancient stones bear weird spiral carvings and appear to be of ancient make.
- Catmeat claims to have experienced a weird auditory hallucination when crossing the Ford. He says he heard the clash of arms as if from far off, yet somehow nearby, in mid-crossing. Nobody else experienced this.
- A lark was seen following the company for several days as they descended from the High Pass towards the river. This may have been the same bird or several, and its presence might easily be coincidence.