Tuesday, January 2, 2018

BGiME #9: Constructing a Warning Beacon

This is a cool piece of terrain that was fun to build. The warning beacon has a lot of character and its presence in one's inventory of tabletop decor suggests many potential game ideas. It could summon reinforcements as it does in this issue's battle scenario. It could be an objective to be protected for X number of turns while a model frantically kindle the beacon. It could even be a pyre upon which a hapless model is to be burned alive unless he or she is rescued. All of these are intriguing uses of the terrain piece to liven up any tabletop battle.

The piece was easy to construct using materials I already had on hand. I built it along with some Rohan houses that also made an appearance in this issue's scenario. I'll post separate images of those when I cover the next issue. Please forgive the unattractive backdrop for this series of photos. I took them without much thought of posting them online and snapped them merely to brag to a friend about what I'd accomplished.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment