Friday, September 15, 2017

BGiME #7: Painting Warriors of Rohan

This issue gives us our first Good warriors from the Third Age, a force that features prominently in both The Two Towers and The Return of the King. Packaged with this issue when it was released as 12 Warriors of Rohan. These dozen models provide a solid core to build a Rohan army around and will be further augmented with warriors and heroes in future issues.

I took a few liberties with the painting instructions included in this issue. I wanted a deeper green for the Rohan cloaks and engaged in some minor highlighting and detailing. The results are what you see below.






I painted these before I started shading the bases. Previously, I textured them with sand, but I've discovered that adding a brown wash or Earthshade really improves the final result. Overall, however, these models are pretty good and are more than adequate for tabletop standard. 

Next up: Rohan vs. the Uruk-hai!

No comments:

Post a Comment